Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Day 165: Does furniture moving count as cardio?

Counting down to the Mudder--165 days from today...

A slow start for this Mudder-To-Be in her training...started this morning with the incessant beep-beep-beep of the alarm clock.  Set for 5:00 a.m.--plenty of time to get an hour in before work and not have to show up to the office stinky wearing workout clothes.  But you know, come to think of it, 5:30 would still be plenty of time to get an hour in before work and still have time to shower and wash my hair and get out the door.  Honestly though, 6:00 really is plenty of time.  I mean, my hair is fine.  It doesn't need to be washed today.  And I don't have any client meetings, which means I can wear jeans, which means I don't have to shave my legs.  Well, really, truly I could still get a good upper body workout in if I just get up at 6:30 and I can do cardio tonight.

"MOM...WE'RE GONNA BE LATE!!"

What time is it????  6:50???  How the heck did that happen???  It was just 5:00 a.m. 9 minutes ago.  Or a few 9 minutes agos.  Damn that snooze button.

Alrighty, so after my RA-RA inspirational bull$hit blog entry last night, I couldn't even manage to inspire myself to get out of my own frickin' bed.  What a great Tough Mudder Team Leader I've proven to be so far!!  ("Ya Fiyed" I hear The Donald say to Lazy, Couldn't-Get-Out-Of-Bed me).  I deserve it, Donald, I really do.

But...I did move some furniture at the office today.  A couch, a table, a few chairs.  That's something, right?  Um, and I walked up and down the stairs to get people water a few times.  Oh, and I technically walk around on my tiptoes in these 5 inch wedges I have on today, so that's a good calf workout at least.

Yeah, pathetic, I know.  I hope you udder Mudders did better than I did today.

TOMORROW MORNING I AM DOING P-90X.  I promise, pinkie swear, cross-my-heart and hope-to-die (which I will in the Mudder at this rate) stick-a-needle-in-my-eye (ouch) if-I-lie!!  This is my solemn vow--at least as solemn a vow as I can take without some official vow-taking professional to administer it to me.  So expect me to be whining tomorrow about how sore and broken down I am after reuniting with my good pal Tony Horton in the morning.

I really don't want to have to stick a needle in my eye tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the information. That’s a awesome article you posted. I found the post very useful as well as interesting. I will come back to read some more furniture Store

    ReplyDelete