Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Day 2, pt.1--it takes real skill to snooze for 1.5 hours

That's what happens when you stay up past 1 a.m. the night before. I just could not close my eyes last night. And this morning, I could not open them. I was so far gone that I pressed snooze from 5:15 until 6:45. And I know I managed to fall back into a deep sleep for each of those 9 minute snooze sessions. How does that happen?? So I guess I'm Muddering after work tonight. And then going straight to bed.

Hmmmm...so the strength I was working for on Monday (to get my lazy bum outta bed) isn't working so well for me yet. I guess I just need to put self to bed at the same time as daughter, and then maybe I won't be dragging when the alarm goes off at 5:15.

I used to get my unemployed (AKA, no reason to get up early) rear out of bed for a 5:15 spin class three times a week. No one got why I did it when I had all day to spend at the gym. But once I got in the groove, I woke up at 4:45 every day, no matter what. Hoping that kicks in at some point here.


Also, need to teach self the lesson that Pinterest will be there in the morning, as will Facebook, and my DVR'd reruns of The Office. Nothing needs to keep me up late at night. I'm in training. Wait a sec, I don't think you heard yourself--LOUDER!! I'M IN TRAINING!!! (Caps, as we all know, is the cyber-way to indicate THAT I'M YELLING AT MYSELF!) So today I am working for the strength to recognize I am in training and to act accordingly. No more late nights before early morning scheduled training sessions.

Self, are you listening? ARE YOU LISTENING???

My Tough Mudder Partner (hopefully--still working on him--will let him remain anonymous until he officially signs on) is one of those crazy, hardcore bada$$es that could stay up drinking all night, get up and run a marathon, spend the rest of the weekend living right on the beach with his running club friends, and show up bright and early at his job Monday morning and think really complicated math-y thoughts all day. And for him, deciding whether to do the Tough Mudder required little more than checking his race calendar to see if there were any conflicts. He could get up and run it tomorrow and be good to run another race the next day (which, if he signs on, is exactly what he's going to do.)

I'm SO nowhere near there, but man, how cool would it be to achieve that level of ultimate bad-a$$ness someday?? I'd like to be that chick that can say "sure, I'll go do that insanely brutal 10 mile obstacle course run with you assuming I'm not doing an IronMan that day."

Goals are good. Babysteps are good, too. And mine is just to focus on the fact that training for this monstrous endeavor takes dedication, and since I've gone to the trouble to register, make a huge fuss, and even write a daily blog about my experiences, maybe I better buck up and get dedicated. Go to bed early so you can get up early and work on achieving your own level of bad-a$$ness. Will check in later with results of post-work workout!!

Happy Hump Day, from the Supremely Dedicated Soon-to-Be Ultimate Bad A$$ Mudder IN TRAINING!!

As a reminder, this is what I'm in for, in case you haven't seen it...

TOUGH MUDDER 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment