Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Day 1, take 2: I've missed you Tony! Uh, not really.

As promised, it's January, and I'm back for round 2 of Tough Mudder training.  I toyed with changing the name of the blog to something less whiney-baby and more bada$$, but truthfully, based on this morning's performance at P90x, I literally might die during the Tough Mudder.  I've got a long way to go--again--folks!!

This was the first time back at P90x since The Great Knee Injury of August 2012, and because of The Great Knee Injury of August 2012, I will be modifying Tony's suggested regimen a bit--no plyometrics, no lunges, no squats.  Today was chest and back, aka, every-kind-of-push-up-and-pull-up-known-to-man.  And to refresh my and everyone else's memory, when I stopped P90x because of The Great Knee Injury of August 2012, I was up to 15 standard push-ups in a row and could even do a couple of Tony's more crazy offerings (one-handed push-ups, those crazy flying push-ups).  Not well, but I could do them.

Today, well, no.  I did 4 standard push-ups before hitting my knees, where I stayed for all push-ups in today's class.  Doesn't take long to lose that muscle, huh?  But hey, I have 9 months.  I am shooting for Mega Bad-A$$ Queen of All Push-Ups by the time the Mudder rolls around.

Okay, workout plan to get ready for this nightmare of a race is as follows:
--first 90 days--P90x in the a.m., cardio at the gym in the p.m., one run a week
--second 90 days--CrossFit, cardio at the gym, add distance to get up to 15 miles in the runs
--third 90 days--a little bit of everything and TRY NOT TO GET HURT

This time around, I have a few more folks who are willing to get muddy with me.  We're gonna have fun, y'all, and I promise, we won't die!!  Well, no one ever has before, so that's about as good a guarantee as I can give ya!  ;)

Here we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment