Thursday, January 17, 2013

Day 3: I am a rock. (I am an island).

If you remember that song, you're officially old.  To my credit.  I remembered the song, but not who sang it (Simon and Garfunkel), so maybe I can still pass myself off as not old.  As I was typing "I am a rock," I heard "I am an eye-eye-eye-eye-land" in my head.  I knew it had to be one of those old folksy 70s bands; just couldn't place which one.  For those too young, too cool, or both to know what song I'm referencing, here's a handy dandy link for your convenience.  I AM A ROCK

Back to why I am a rock, not necessarily an eye-eye-eye-eye-land...it was the first test of my "no crap food, no booze" pledge.  I went out for Mexican at one of my favorite local dives and am happy and proud to report that not one chip did I eat, not one sip of margarita did I have.  I ordered tacos al carbon and ate the meat out of them, left the tortillas all lonely, unfilled, and uneaten on the plate.  That probably doesn't happen much to tortillas.  At least now that folks aren't really into Adkins and South Beach anymore.  I remember going out for Tex-Mex with a couple of coworkers who both ordered cheese enchiladas while on Adkins.  They pried open the gooey tortilla, scooped out all the cheesy guts, and that was all they ate for lunch. Cheesy enchilada guts.  In what world is that healthy, I ask you?  But anyway, my tortillas stayed right there on the plate, and all the chips stayed in the basket, and all the margarita stayed in the glass.  Well, not all of it, but it didn't end up in my tummy.

AND when I got home, I almost threw on my jammies and settled in for a nice evening of reality TV and Pinterest browsing, but instead, I donned my exercise stuff and headed up to my workout room for some Helliptical time.  Which, by the way, was horribly boring.  But I did it.  So yesterday, a victory in all ways.  Go Me!!!

Now, this morning, when I rolled over to shut off the alarm, I noticed that all of the upper body parts I have were sore.  P90X is designed to work different parts of you on different days, not all the upper body crammed next to each other.  So because I can't do the plyo days (jumping is out) or the lower body days (no lunges for me), or KenpoX (kick boxing has too much pivoting) and because I HATE YOGA, I decided today would be my P90X rest day, and I'd hit upper body again tomorrow.  Tonight is more Helliptical.  I bet you can hear how thrilled I am at having to do that again tonight.  But I can't make spin class, so the Helliptical is my only option.  I'm gonna have to get a spin bike for home or find a way to love the Helliptical and Dreadmill, or this is gonna be a long 261 days, folks!

I hope whatever your New Year's Resolutions may be that you can sing to yourself the "I am a rock, I am an eye-eye-eye-eye-land" song today!!  Or a cooler version of a song about being a rock.  Share if you know any.  I know songs about wanting to rock, knowing how to rock, loving rock, I like the movie "The Rock" and I like the wrestler dude "The Rock" but being a rock...that's the only one I could come up with.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment