Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Day 2: if you need a workout buddy, I do not recommend cats

Day 2 of :Mudder, Take 2" training going well...yesterday P90X + killer spin class = day 1 goal met.  So that's 1 down, 262 days to go.

Oh, also, I have turned down yummy Mexican food and booze twice this week already.  And it's only Wednesday!! I should get major snaps for that.  I have pledged that I'm not going to drink or eat crap during training.  Of course, that was before I did the handy-dandy little app that calculates how many days are between today and the Mudder.  262.5 days is a looooooooooooong time to be on the "no booze or crap food" wagon.  The only other time I've gone that long without a margarita was when I was pregnant with my daughter.  The good thing is that I'm not a person who likes the taste of wine or beer, so it's really the fruity (loaded with sugar/empty calories) mixed drinks that I like, and I don't make one of those after a long day at the office, just when I'm out with my girls.  Knowing that I was able to stay away from them for 9 months once before tells me I have what it takes to do it again.  So, friends, snatch me up as your all-time designated driver--I am officially as dry as Yoakum County, Texas.  (PS, why would anyone want to live in a place where you couldn't buy a margarita????  Thanks to Google, I can tell you there are 22 such counties in our great State!).

It's all water, all the time, for this Mudder-to-Be.  That's all I drink anyway.  That and booze.  And I used to drink ChickFilA lemonade on occasion, but I haven't had one of those in months.  I tried to make some with my lemons that grew on my lime tree last month, but I had to add so much sugar to make it drink-able that I decided I'd leave the fresh lemonade making to others.  So anyway, now it's just water.

P90X this morning was a good one.  I like Shoulders and Arms day...it gets results quick.  I remember when I was religiously doing it the last go 'round, I'd get sidetracked at work by my biceps.  I liked watching them flex.  Weird, right?  Well, still, I'm excited to get them all ripped looking.  Even though it's 30 degrees this week in Houston, sleeveless top weather is right around the corner, and this year, my arms are gonna be ready.

The only challenge this morning was my cat, Joey.  He decided to sneak out last night when we let the dogs out for their bedtime potty break, and I couldn't find him when my own bedtime rolled around.  So he got to sleep outside.  Let me tell you, Joey likes camping just about as much as I do, and was waiting for me this morning when I let the puppies out again.  He is an odd cat, loves me to death but apparently hates everyone else.  He has to be sitting or laying on me whenever I'm still, and when I'm not, has to be trying to jump up on me somehow.  This morning, he was leaping off the bed at me while I was doing shoulder presses.  He almost got clocked in the head with a dumbbell.  He then changed his plan of attack, and started winding around my feet and standing on his back legs to try and paw his way up into my P90X-ing arms.  Not helpful, so Joey got banished from the bedroom.

Tonight will be a home-cardio night.  No spin classes on Wednesday, and I can't go back to my favorite dancey class because it was responsible for my probably meniscus tear in the first place.  So elliptical in the home gym is on tap.  The challenge will be not stopping after 5 minutes when I get bored.  It's  not as bad as the dreaded treadmill (the "dreadmill??"  hahah!!), but it's too easy to stop and go do something else.  I have to constantly remind myself to keep going.  No, watching TV doesn't help.  Listening to music does a bit.  But still...I'm not a huge fan.  But I am NOT going to break my streak on Day 2, so an hour on the Helliptical it is.

Speaking of cats sucking as workout buddies, I'm not hearing from my non-feline Mudder team members...roll call people!  Are you IN???  ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment