Sunday, July 22, 2012

Day 21--You spin me right round, baby, right round...

Wrapping up another weekend that was kind of a mixed bag.  I had a great Saturday hanging out with superfun friends at a beautiful wedding, reception, and afterparty that lasted a full 12 hours.  I volunteered to be the designated driver because I am on a low/healthy carb thing this week (and it's working--5 lbs gone since Tuesday) and because I knew I had a long run to do today.  I did bring some Crystal Light Appletini mix and made my own low-cal, low-carb appletinis at the after-party.  The bartenders thought I was odd when I placed this order:  Two shots of vodka, a glass of ice, and a bottle of water.  I got my mixology on and created my John Deere Tractor Green-colored concoction.  Quite sure the color of my faux-appletini is not the color of any apple I've ever seen.  They were tasty, but the wait staff did their job too well, because anytime I even shifted in my chair, they appeared and disappeared in the same millisecond, taking with them my self-made mixed drink.  I finally gave up.  But the night was awesome, and a lot of fun was had. 

Today, however, has been kinda tough.  Slept in.  Missed my sweet babygirl a lot.  Watched chick flicks.  Ignored my dirty kitchen and my unfolded laundry.  Didn't grocery shop.  Never left the house once.  Took a nap.  Total and complete bum stuck in a funk.

And what do I get for taking a nap, which I never do???  I slept through the only spin class at the gym today.  I was not happy.  And after battling with my stupid iTunes trying to recover my playlists and add new music so I can go running, it started thundering, so I decided to go to the gym, grab a spin bike, and go. 

With my new tunes, I hopped on the bike and worked my butt off.  I was out of water after 30 minutes and finished the refill at the hour mark.  I would have stayed longer but I saw Emily Maynard and Chris Harrison on the gym TVs....crap!  Forgot all about The Bachelorette Season Finale tonight!!  So I cooled off, stretched, cleaned off my sweaty bike, and ran home to make sure I'd get to watch the trainwreck as it unfolded.  And it turned out not to be a trainwreck at all.  Everyone seems happy. 

But I had such a great time, and it completely pulled me out of the funk I'd been in all day, that I decided I have to do something more with this spin business. 

So I started digging around on the internet.  I even found a yellow spin bike.  A happy, sunshiney spin bike. 

And I've decided I will get my spin instructor certification by my birthday on December 2nd.  I don't care if I'm old.  I don't care if I've never taught a single class.  I love spin.  I've always loved spin.  It doesn't require much coordination.  It's not like I'm delusional enough to think I could go teach just any class at the gym.  Like Zumba or Soul Grooves.  Ha, ha, no frickin way.  But spin, I can do.  It's hard, and it works, and I can do it.  So in this quest to reinvent myself, let's add Bad A$$ Spin Instructor to my resume, please.



No comments:

Post a Comment