Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Day 10--I'm sore practically everywhere, but my feet hurt worst of all

Wore my supertall blue shoes to work today and decided it was a perfect day to trek through the tunnels to pick up my favorite chicken wrap for lunch.  Usually, my choice of footwear doesn't deter me from choosing a spot for lunch, but these are the tallest ones I own at a full 6 inch heel and a 2 inch platform.  Not sure how far I went distance-wise, but it was a 15-minute walk roundtrip, and it felt like I was walking on my tippy toes the whole time.  Got back to my office and sat down and realized a forgot a napkin, so I had to walk back to the kitchen for one.  I considered going without but I'm wearing white pants today, and I'm sloppy by nature, so to eat lunch in white pants with no napkin was just begging to wear my lunch all day.  So I tippy-toed back to my desk with a napkin and sat down just in time to decide I had to use the restroom.  Another trip out on the stilts.  But I'm finally back in my chair, and I might just have to go barefoot the rest of the day.

Okay, on to to the spots that are sore for reasons other than those caused by my fashion choices.  Let's see, today was Shoulders! Arms! & Ab Ripper!  Made it through 2 of the 3 (a full hour) before I had to stop and get ready for work.  I guess I get to do Ab Ripper! after I eat supper.  That'll be fun. 

And I hate to sound like a freak, but I actually really liked the Shoulders! Arms! workout today.  I was using the same weight the chick was using, and the only time I didn't keep up with the Guy Who Can't Seem to Stop Talking (I think his name is Tony) and the team was when they did dips using a chair.  I had a little stepladder and very wisely predicted that if I put my weight on one of the steps, it would collapse onto itself and I'd collapse onto the floor.  Quick mental survey of the other chairs in my house yielded no appropriate substitutes, and I made a note to go buy a chair that I could use.  So I took a little break. 

I must have done okay, though, because everything from my shoulder blades to my forearms hurts, and then my quads, hamstrings, calves, and rear are still sore from plyometrics yesterday, along with the added unexpected benefit of a very sore core.  It hurt just trying to sit up higher in my bed last night (and coughing right now--ouch!).  Chest and back are still sore from Monday's push-up/pull-up assault.  I'm running out of things to wear out.

Was supposed to get a run in tonight since today wasn't cardio, and because it's apparently National Running Day (who knew?  My TMP, that's who! Thanks Trey!)  and I already clicked "like" on a National Running Day picture on Facebook, which supposedly signified my promise to run today.  BUT (yes, an excuse is coming...wait for it...) it's my folks' last night visiting before they head back home tomorrow, so we're going to go eat and hang out.  Run will have to wait another day.

Aside from being able to feel my heartbeat in my feet, I am digging the soreness.  Let's see what happens after my already-sore abs get ripped apart tonight.  I may be singing a different tune.  But for now, I kinda like this P90X stuff. 

Today I'm working for the strength to deal with all the responsibilities of being a single mom again after my sweet folks leave tomorrow.  They've been visiting for two weeks and have been wonderful, like they always are.  They make my life so easy, and we love having them here.  We're going to miss them!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment