Sunday, June 17, 2012

Day 13--Sunday Bloody Sunday

I have had no human interaction today, with the exception of the leather-faced Target customer service lady who looks like Magda from "Something About Mary" and the cashier I bought cat food, grapes, and frozen dinners from.  And the cashier just handed me my receipt and said "have a nice day" so I don't think that really counted.  I have, of course, talked to my sweet dad because it is Father's Day.  And someone at a call center in India who understood my frustration with the fact that the electronic gift cards I bought Friday won't make it to the recipients by their birthday tomorrow because they're still "being processed."  Seriously?  Just hit "send!!"  Why does that take so long???  I could have gone to the store, bought the gift cards, mailed them, and the birthday boy and girl could have received and spent them by now.  Sheesh.  Understood my frustration, my a$$.  To apologize for my inconvenience, they're emailing me a $10 electronic gift card, which should arrive within 5-7 business days.  Thanks?

Why all the alone time?  My kiddo is out of town, and I didn't want to bug any of my buddies who were no doubt celebrating Father's Day with their husbands and dads, so I picked up the 4th season of True Blood.  And I watched all 12 episodes in 24 hours.  I don't think I've ever felt more like a hermit.  And there was so much blood.  Not exactly an uplifting show, True Blood.  And really, does everyone have to be something other than human?  Vampire, Werewolf, Were-Panther (???), Fairy, Shape-Shifter, Witch, Medium...am I leaving out any mythical creature?  Poor Jason Stackhouse is the only human left on the show.  After the final episode was over (a let-down in my humble opinion), I decided I'd better get up and salvage the rest of the weekend, so I did some housework (fun!) and work-work (even more fun!), and grocery shopped (more fun than housework and work-work!).  But at least I was out of my bed and hadn't witnessed any bloody death scenes in a few hours.

Speaking of bloody death scenes...Mudder Training.  Today's stretch day on P90X, so I decided I'd get a run in.  My Tough Mudder Partner (TMP) told me I need to do two 15 mile runs in the month before the race.  Is that all?  Holy crap.  I made the mistake of looking up the race course online and discovered that there are a few really long run stretches.  I assumed we'd run a mile or two, do an obstacle or two, run a mile or two, do another obstacle or two, and so on and so forth.  But no, they're all clumped up at the beginning and the end.  SO in addition to getting strong enough to scale walls, climb ropes, crawl through mud under barbed wire, and run through live electrically charged snakes hanging from the sky, I have to train for another half marathon.  Holy crap. 

Did I mention HOLY CRAP?!  I really do think I might die.  But at least it won't be at the fangs of a vampire.  And at least my name's not Sookie. 


No comments:

Post a Comment